Surgical Oncology Billing and Coding Services
These days, managing a successful surgical oncology practice presents many unique challenges. However, for many surgical oncologists and surgical oncology practice administrators, one of the biggest challenges involves managing billings effectively in order to maintain a steady cash flow and build a profitable practice.
Whether you are preparing to start a new surgical oncology practice, or your practice has been around for decades, there are steps you can – and should – take in order to manage your private insurance and Medicaid billings the right way. Here at Fortis Medical Billing, we have the knowledge, insights, and experience you need in order to be successful. Will you let us help you?
Put our highly experienced team on your side
Former Special Agent (OIG)
Former Special Agent
(FBI & IRS-CI)
Former Assistant Regional Inspector General
Former Supervisory Special Agent (DOD-OIG)
Director of Coding
Former Assistant Special Agent-in-Charge (HHS-OIG)
Former Special Agent-in-Charge (DEA)
About Fortis Surgical Oncology Billing Company
Consider this question: Who do you want looking after your surgical oncology practice? 1. Do you want your practice’s coding duties assigned to an entry-level employee who has no background or experience in the surgical oncology field? Or, 2. Do you want to work with a team of seasoned professionals who each bring decades of relevant experience to the table? If your answer was “a team of professionals” then we should be your first choice!
Do you want to know why? It’s simple: At Fortis Surgical Oncology Billing Services, we offer the latter. Our company is comprised of physicians, auditors, and former FBI agents who have devoted their careers to understanding the medical billing industry and the myriad laws and regulations that apply. For example, Dr. Stephen Taylor is a registered nurse and physician who has been working in federal medical billing compliance for over 25 years. Everyone at our company has extensive knowledge and the deep insights you need when making decisions that impact your surgical oncology practice’s finances and risk. In addition, we truly work as a team to offer efficient, effective, and custom-tailored medical billing solutions to all of our clients.
Our Medical Billing Services for Surgical Oncology Practices and Practitioners
Managing your surgical oncology practice’s billings takes time, effort, and expertise. Reducing your denial rate and A/R collection time starts at the coding stage, and making sure you code your billings correctly requires a comprehensive understanding of the various professional, facility, risk adjustment factor (RAF), and other coding rules and requirements that apply. We want to let you take care of your patients and not worry about the billing-related matters, which is why we offer our clients the expertise they need to bill effectively and efficiently with services including:
- We help surgical oncology practices nationwide establish compliant billing and coding policies and procedures. We also help our clients integrate these policies and procedures into their patient care and management practices so that the medical billing process is as streamlined as possible. While billing and coding are necessary for operating a successful practice, they should run seamlessly in the background. We provide the initial and ongoing consulting services designed to ensure that our clients’ billing programs are assets rather than liabilities.
- We offer two distinct types of surgical oncology billing audit services. First, if you are thinking about switching billing companies, we can audit your current billing policies and procedures to determine where and to what extent they are lacking. We can also audit your company’s recent and outstanding billings to determine why claims are being denied, and why it is taking so long for your practice to get paid. Second, as your surgical oncology billing services provider, we can audit the results of our own work in order to maintain accountability, identify shortcomings in your internal billing personnel’s practices, and ensure that your practice’s billing efforts are operating at peak efficiency.
- Effective revenue cycle management (RCM) requires an in-depth understanding of the unique aspects of your practice. Off-the-shelf RCM “solutions” simply will not offer the same level of results as a program that is custom-tailored to your surgical oncology practice. At Fortis Medical Billing, we work closely with our clients to understand their specific challenges and develop creative and targeted strategies to overcome them.
Why You Should Choose Fortis Medical Billing
If you believe your surgical oncology practice needs medical billing help, you may ask yourself, why should you choose Fortis Medical Billing? Here you will find some reasons:
1. When Is it Time to Seek Help?
Here are some tips that will let you know if it is time to seek help from a professional medical billing company:
- Your surgical oncology practice is facing cash flow problems
- Your billing company or in-house billing team is falling behind
- You do not have an up-to-date billing compliance program
- You have a high denial rate or high accounts receivable
- You are not making as much as you would like or could
2. What Do We Offer that You Will Not Find with Other Medical Billing Companies?
At Fortis Medical Billing, the unique benefits we offer include:
- A 95% success rate in securing payment for our clients’ billings
- A 99% client retention rate
- US-based operations headquartered in Dallas, Texas
- Highly experienced physicians, auditors, and former FBI agents
- No setup fees
Discuss Your Surgical Oncology Practice’s Medical Billing Needs Today
Is it time for you to seek help? Don’t wait until it is too late. We encourage you to get in touch with us now. To speak with one of our senior medical billing consultants in confidence, call (866) 808-4160 or contact us online today. We will gladly respond to all your concerns.
We are waiting for you to join our Fortis Medical Billing family and let us take care of your billing needs as thoroughly as you take care of your patients. We assure you; it will be a life-changing decision you will not regret.