The use of inaccurate medical billing methods in Miami can result in extensive audits and denials by insurance companies and the federal government. At Fortis Medical Billing Company, we assist various healthcare practice owners in understanding their billing requirements to make sure they comply fully with their duties and responsibilities. This helps them maintain steady profits while avoiding legal trouble. Are you looking for a highly qualified medical biller and coder in Miami, FL? Call Fortis at 786-755-1973.
Put our highly experienced team on your side
Former Special Agent (OIG)
Former Special Agent
(FBI & IRS-CI)
Former Assistant Regional Inspector General
Former Supervisory Special Agent (DOD-OIG)
Director of Coding
Former Assistant Special Agent-in-Charge (HHS-OIG)
Former Special Agent-in-Charge (DEA)
Medical Billing Services for Your Miami Healthcare Practice
Billing and coding is one of the most challenging tasks for various practices in the healthcare industry. If you run a medical facility in the beautiful city of Miami, consider outsourcing medical billing services to experts. The medical billing industry is very broad, which makes it easy for many practices to make errors when they do it themselves.
Consider hiring Fortis to do these tasks and make billing work hassle-free for you. At Fortis, we have experienced medical billers and coders ready to handle your needs. By utilizing our expertise, we will help you avoid legal issues, resolve any problems promptly, decrease denials, speed up reimbursements, and minimize billing expenses.
Our team is made up of experienced professionals dedicated to providing healthcare practices with top-notch medical billing services in Miami. We have in-house attorneys who have represented providers in different matters concerning healthcare compliance and consultants who served previously in different federal agencies such as the FBI. We strive to be Comprehensive, Correct, and Compliant – comprehensive to ensure all our solutions incorporate all aspects of your health practice, correct stands for accuracy, and compliance ensures your practice adheres to the latest billing laws and regulations.
Our Specialists Customize Billing Compliance Plans Based on Each Practice’s Individual Needs
We understand that various healthcare practices are different; that’s why our professionals are always keen on developing personalized compliance programs that match each practice’s individual needs. Before coming up with a customized plan, we first evaluate and analyze your medical practice, determine your needs, and formulate a solution that adequately addresses those needs. This in-depth approach ensures that all our clients get the most out of our services.
And since insurance providers and the federal government update their laws and regulations from time to time, our Miami medical billing experts will ensure that your facility adheres to the latest terms to avoid losses and legal consequences.
Some of the Medical Billing Services We Offer
Below are some of the medical billing services we provide here at Fortis. Please note that this isn’t a comprehensive list; should you be looking for a particular service and it isn’t listed here, get in touch with us. We’re a full-service medical billing services provider that aims to ensure all practice’s needs are catered to.
- Account Receivable Management- At Fortis Medical Billing Services, we can manage your account receivables for you. This will ensure that you have all the funds needed to efficiently run your healthcare practice.
- Billing Audits – We also provide clients with comprehensive medical billing audits. These audits ensure everything is running smoothly in the billing department and can also help account for your finances.
- Claim Tracking – We first examine all the keyed claims before making follow-ups according to their priorities. We then do periodic claim tracking using phone calls, emails, and online communication platforms. Our specialists also reduce the rejection rate by resubmitting any denied claims. More approvals mean more funds to your practice.
- Eligibility Verification – Our medical billing experts verify the validity of insurance covers before you proceed with serving a patient. This eligibility verification procedure ensures that patients are suitably covered, which helps to reduce denials.
- Managing Billing Solutions – At Fortis, we deliver both off-site and on-site medical billing solutions for all our clients, irrespective of their needs. This not only saves your priceless time but money as well.
- Medical Billing and Coding Services for Specialty-Specific Practices – We have experts in various medical specialties. This diversity ensures we can cater to the needs of everyone, no matter the specific specialty.
A Simple and Straightforward Onboarding Process With a No-Fee Initial Consultation and Setup
At Fortis, we pride ourselves on doing things differently, in a good way. We don’t operate like most medical billing companies in Miami that are always on the lookout for chances to take advantage of their clients. We’re a results-focused firm that strives to offer high-quality medical billing services to all our clients without charging them any fees for the initial consultation and setup.
We believe our prospective clients deserve this level of investment to demonstrate how we’re dedicated to helping them with their needs. This is an approach that has seen us retain 99% of our clients.
Billing Audits in Miami
At Fortis Medical Billing Company, we also provide billing audits. Healthcare practices are prone to various issues and mistakes when conducting their billing and coding. While some of these issues may look non-serious, they can tempt federal authorities to launch deeper investigations into your clinic or hospital and bring substantial legal repercussions. Our audits help to detect any issues or mistakes before they develop into huge problems.
These services can also pinpoint places you may have been missing out so that you can take full advantage. Our billing audits discover various issues, including:
- Poor organization- Most health facilities in Miami are not conversant with good organization practices when it comes to patient care and billing. Our billing professionals can help streamline patient and billing records for improved patient care and smooth operations.
- Fraud Exposure – Healthcare practices in Miami are prone to different types of fraud claims. These fraud claims include billing for unnecessary services, billing for services not rendered, billing for non-covered services, wrong service dates, upcoding, unbundling, and many others. Experts from Fortis can help you avoid these issues, which may hurt your medical business.
- Inexperienced medical billing staff – Some healthcare facilities in Miami hire underqualified personnel to do their billing and coding. That is a risky mistake, and it can bring devastating consequences. Hiring an experienced team like ours here at Fortis is the best decision for compliant billing methods throughout.
- Not harnessing opportunities that can increase revenue – The medical industry has many avenues practices can use to drive revenue. Unfortunately, most healthcare facilities allow many of these opportunities to slip through. For example, most of them miscode their claims, do improper billings for supplies and services rendered, and forget to resubmit denied claims. Our specialists can ensure none of these revenue-driving chances slip by without getting noticed.
- Outdated billing policies – The rules and regulations governing medical billing and coding are updated regularly by insurance companies and the federal government. Making sure your practice adapts to these changes is vital if you want to stay out of legal trouble. Our professionals can help you determine if your policies are up to date, and if not, make the necessary adjustments.
It doesn’t matter whether you’re operating a large hospital or a small clinic; you can take advantage of our billing audits. These services can help determine why some of your claims are denied, identify charges you may have missed, expose inaccurate billing methods, and discover any issues that may lead to potential liabilities.
Revenue Cycle Management in Miami
The main cause of failure in healthcare practices is the inappropriate management of revenue cycles. Don’t wait until it’s too late to implement the best revenue cycle management practices in Miami. Hire Fortis today, and we will be proud to streamline this aspect of your practice.
How We Streamline Revenue Cycle Management for Your Healthcare Practice
At Fortis, we adhere to a 5-step process that increases our chances of attaining success.
- Patient registration- Our systems can simplify the patient registration procedure, ensuring you get everything right from the beginning. We ensure you have all the necessary tools needed to capture your patients’ billing and personal information. All these can be done on your website or at a location inside your facility depending on your preferences.
- Insurance Verification – Ascertaining your patients’ insurance eligibility is critical to avoid losses resulting from denied reimbursements. Our solutions can help ensure your patients are correctly covered. We can also automate the process, eliminating the need for manual verification.
- Efficient Charge Capturing – We ensure that your healthcare facility is as comprehensive as possible when capturing charges regarding a specific patient. Experts from Fortis ensure thoroughness, which avoids overlooking any charges. We also ensure prompt billing of all charges for timely payments.
- Automation of Patient Payments – Having billing inconsistencies can expose your healthcare practice to the risk of incurring significant losses. That’s what prompted us to develop an effective solution for automatically posting patient payments to patient accounts. This ensures that all patient accounts stay up to date.
- Hands-Off, Real-Time Billing – With all these resources available here at Fortis, there is no need to burden your staff with all the aspects of billing and coding. You can take advantage of our experience, knowledge, and technologies for better accuracy and effectiveness. Looking for someone to manage your revenue cycle? Our specialists can help!
Contact Fortis Today in Miami for Your Free Medical Billing Initial Consultation
Do you run a healthcare practice in Miami, FL, and are looking for a medical billing services provider? Partner with us here at Fortis Medical Billing; we have specialists and resources to handle all your medical billing needs. Call our Miami medical billing and coding specialists directly at 786-755-1973 to schedule your free initial consultation or contact us online.