If you operate a medical practice in Las Vegas, observing the established billing rules and regulations is vital. If audited by the federal government or private payers and found to be non-compliant, you may be substantially penalized and denied reimbursements. Let our professionals here at Fortis Medical Billing help you understand your billing compliance obligations and ensure your practice abides by them. That way, you can avoid losses and trouble with federal authorities. Call (866) 808-4160 today!
Medical Billing for Your Las Vegas Healthcare Practice
Ensuring your healthcare practice follows the right billing and coding methods is very important. While many healthcare practices want to stay fully-compliant to avoid problems, the field of billing and coding is too wide, and no matter how well they try, they may find themselves falling behind. If yours is one of them, hire us at Fortis Medical Billing in Las Vegas to help you avoid the headaches of private payer requirements and government regulations. Our team can help you formulate a billing program that ensures you’re compliant in all aspects to avoid legal issues with the federal government, reduce billing-related expenses, solve any issues quickly, speed up reimbursements, and reduce the chances of denials.
At Fortis Medical Billing Services, we are dedicated to providing high-standard medical billing services to our clients and seeing them prosper. Our excellence starts right at the foundation – our company was founded by a federal attorney with many years of experience in medical billing compliance. We also have attorneys with a proven track record of representing various healthcare providers and consultants who have worked in different federal agencies. With a team as experienced as this one, you can be assured of accuracy and comprehensiveness.
We Personalize Every Compliance Program and Update It Regularly
Our services aren’t a “one size fits all”; we personalize each compliance program according to a healthcare practice’s unique needs. Since each practice is different in its own way, customization ensures the plan is as effective as possible. We conduct thorough assessments, determine your practice’s specific needs, and develop policies and procedures to satisfy those needs. Our team also understands that policy and regulatory updates emerge regularly; that’s why they stay on top of these updates to ensure continued compliance.
Our Medical Billing Services in Las Vegas
At Fortis Medical Billing Company, we don’t take shortcuts, we handle every aspect to broaden your horizon and expand your potential. Here are some of the services we can offer you:
- Claim Tracking – We handle your claims, both paid out and denied ones. We resubmit denials to increase the approval rate.
- Billing audits – Our team provides complete billing audits. These are vital to ensure the billing department conducts its duties as necessary.
- Managed Billing Solutions – We provide support to medical billing departments and off-site medical billing solutions to ensure we cater to the needs of everyone. Depending on your needs, our onsite and offsite solutions can save you both money and time.
- Accounts Receivable Management – Your practice depends largely on funds for efficient running. We manage account receivables to make sure you get the funds you require for smooth operations.
- Medical Billing and Coding for Specific Specialties – Various specialties come with individual complexities. We have experts in each medical field to ensure comprehensive compliance.
Want to Partner With Us? Our Onboarding Process is Easy, With No Setup Fees
Fortis Medical Billing is not like other companies that take you through lengthy onboarding procedures and charge you for every aspect. We want you to choose us based on our merit and not because you paid setup fees. That’s why we don’t charge anything for your initial consultation and setup. That way, you can rest easy knowing that we’re committed to helping you, and you’re not taking any risk by working with us. We believe that if we provide high-quality services to our clients, their loyalty and recommendations will translate to long-term profits for us.
Las Vegas Billing Audits
Improper billing practices not only put you at the risk of getting your reimbursements denied, you can also be audited extensively by the federal government. Therefore, you should take each aspect of medical billing and coding seriously to avoid problems. At Fortis Medical Billing, we offer billing audits to determine where your practice is falling short and address all issues to ensure you’re full-compliant.
The Most Common Medical Billing Issues for Healthcare Providers
- Lack of organization – Poor organization when it comes to patient billing and care can lead to slow growth. Our team can implement an organized approach, streamline the business aspect of healthcare, and improve the patient experience for better efficiency.
- Fraudulent claims – Healthcare practices are prone to various fraud types that can affect them negatively. We can help you stay on top of fraudulent claims such as upcoding, unbundling, billing for unnecessary services, and many others to make sure you don’t fall into legal trouble with federal authorities.
- Inadequately trained billing staff – Medical billing and coding is a broad area that requires specialists who know the best practices. We have these experienced specialists here at Fortis to ensure effectiveness and efficiency in every part of the process.
- Not being concerned about all opportunities to drive revenue – There are lots of opportunities to drive revenue in healthcare, but some practices allow them to pass without noticing. They do this by miscoding their claims, improper billing methods, and not resubmitting their denied claims. Our billing audit helps uncover all discrepancies so that our client can take advantage of every opportunity to drive revenue.
- Having policies that do not adhere to the current regulations and laws – Both insurance companies and the federal government update their rules and regulations when it comes to billing. Billing codes are also subjects to various updates. Staying on top of these updates is key for continued compliance. Our professionals handle all this hard work so that you can concentrate on providing better healthcare to your patients.
No matter the size of your medical practice, our billing audits can greatly benefit you. Our team comprising of federal lawyers and consultants is always comprehensive when auditing to detect any inadequacies and formulate solutions to cover them. The healthcare industry may be a little complex, but with an experienced team like ours, you can rest easy knowing that your practice is in safe hands.
Revenue Cycle Management
One problem that many doctors and practices face is that out of all their insurance claims, only 70%-90% of them are paid out. An effective approach when it comes to revenue management is all you need to bring the approvals closer to 95%, and our team of professionals can help you do that.
The main reason for some medical practices’ failure is inappropriate management of their revenue cycles. As time goes by, the paperwork becomes too much, making this management work difficult. Don’t watch as your hospital or clinic also goes down the road of failure; hire us at Fortis Medical Billing to handle the various aspects of your revenue cycle management. With in-depth expertise, refined processes, and the best technology, you can be assured of the utmost effectiveness.
Our 5-Step Process for Effective Revenue Cycle Management
1. We Simplify the Patient Registration Process
How your team handles the registration process for various patients is very important. It’s the first step, and you want want to get it right. Fortis Medical Billing is here to provide you with a simplified procedure to capture all the relevant personal and billing details on your patients. Whether you want your patients to enter these details themselves on your website, or have a designated place inside your facility for this work, our professionals can be of great assistance.
2. Insurance Eligibility Procedure
Before you provide medical services, you must ensure the recipients are suitably covered. Checking before provide any service is the key to avoid denials and losses. Our medical billing professionals in Las Vegas can help you establish systems to verify that your patients are suitably covered. With our cutting edge technology, we can automate the process so that your team doesn’t have to do it manually.
3. We Simplify the Process of Capturing Charges
When a patient visits your medical practice, there may be several charges depending on the services provided. Being comprehensive and staying on top of all these charges is crucial to ensure you’re not losing in some areas. Our team can be thorough to ensure all charges are captured and bill them immediately for quick payments. We can also help you understand insurance companies’ latest requirements and the charges that need separate billing.
4. We Establish Systems for Automatic Posting of Payments to Patient Accounts
If you’re not keen to avoid billing discrepancies, your practice risks substantial losses. To ensure everything stays on-point and up to date, we provide our clients with an effective solution that ensures automatic posting of payments to patient accounts.
5. We Provide You With Hands-Off and Real-Time Billing
Revenue cycle management involves various technicalities, but by hiring us at Fortis to handle it, we can take this hard work off your team’s shoulders. With our quality billing and coding technologies, our specialists can ensure the process is highly efficient to help you take advantage of each opportunity.
Contact an Experienced Medical Billing Professional from Fortis in Las Vegas Today
Here at Fortis Medical Billing Company, we have a broad variety of solutions that your medical practice can benefit from. Contact us today to learn more about these solutions – from medical billing, billing audits, to revenue cycle management. Call (866) 808-4160, or send us a message online.
Dr. Nick Oberheiden is a federal attorney with 20 years experience in healthcare compliance and defending healthcare providers.
Dr. Stephen Taylor has 25 years as a medical billing specialist and consultant in medical, chiropractic, nursing, and physical therapy.
Ms. Beverly Gibson has been a health care consultant for more than 25 years and specializes in medical record auditing, E/M training, and audit risk mitigation.