If you’re looking for medical billing services in Georgia, Fortis Medical Billing is a reputable and well-known company that can help. We’re comprised of a team of billing experts and can help ensure your billing compliance plan abides by government and private insurance regulations. By following well-defined procedures and policies, you can avoid improper billing methods that can adversely affect your clinic or hospital. Call us through (866) 808-4160 to schedule your free consultation.
Georgia’s Fortis Medical Billing Company
Establishing a robust foundation is crucial when building a successful practice. A critical element you should keep in mind when laying a strong foundation is a comprehensive billing compliance plan. This plan can ensure your billing methods are in line with regulations and laws as established by private payers and the federal government, helping you avoid issues such as reimbursement denials, legal problems due to non-compliance, and many others. At Fortis, we’re here to handle your every need and provide you with the best billing practices in the healthcare sector.
Fortis Medical Billing itself takes pride in a strong foundation. Our company was established by a federal attorney with more than a decade of experience in healthcare billing compliance, Dr. Nick Oberheiden. Since the medical billing sector was for long plagued with unprofessional companies, it needed a fresh face with modern practices and utmost professionalism. We also have experienced attorneys and consultants in our team who ensure accuracy and comprehensiveness in everything we do. Call (866) 808-4160 to learn more about how our billing specialists can help.
We Personalize Every Billing Compliance Plan to Suit Each Practice’s Needs
One mistake that many companies make is using generalized approaches when developing billing compliance plans for different practices. What they don’t realize is that various practices have different needs, and one practice’s operations may be different from the other. A “one size fits all” strategy can’t fulfill the desired objectives right. Our specialists here at Fortis understand that, and that’s why they are keen on customizing each program to suit every clinic’s or hospital’s unique needs. They thoroughly evaluate your practice to determine what it requires, and then they integrate those requirements into your billing policies and procedures.
One exceptional fact about working with us is that our work doesn’t stop after creating a billing compliance plan; we stay on the lookout for any regulatory and policy updates that may arise as time goes by and adjust your program as necessary. That way, you can avoid legal implications that may stunt your practice’s growth.
What Can We Do For You Here at Fortis Medical Billing in Georgia?
When providing medical billing services in Georgia, we don’t take any shortcuts; we understand they can limit your potential and diminish your horizon. We strive to ensure our services are comprehensive to handle every phase of the billing process including:
- Billing Audits – No matter the reason you need billing audits in your practice, we can conduct them for you. When you want financial accountability or just to make sure things are running as necessary, we can do it.
- Claim Tracking – Our billing specialists can track all aspects concerning your claims and resubmit any rejected ones to increase the approval rate.
- Accounts Receivable Management – Our specialists can manage account receivables for all types of healthcare facilities to ensure they get the funds they need to finance their operations.
- Eligibility Verification – Ascertaining that your patients are appropriately covered is critical to avoid losses. We provide verification solutions so that practices can provide their services without worrying about losses from insurance ineligibility.
- Managed Billing Solutions – We provide both on-site and off-site billing solutions designed to help everyone no matter their needs. This is an excellent opportunity for your practice to save time, money, and grow quicker.
- Medical Billing and Coding Solutions for Specialty-Specific Practices – Every specialty comes with its unique needs and complexities. We have experts in different healthcare fields to ensure everyone’s needs are catered to.
We Have a Straightforward Onboarding Procedure, With No Setup Charges
At Fortis Medical Billing, we believe in providing high-quality services to our clients. Our profits do not rely on taking advantage of our clients in every possible way like other billing companies do; we provide high-standard services, clients remain loyal, they recommend us, and that ensures we remain profitable in the long-run. It’s a win-win. When you contact us, there will be an initial consultation to determine your practice’s needs. This initial consultation will come at no cost to you. We also do not charge any setup fees.
We want to make it simple for you to work with us and not make it look like you’re taking chances. Bringing these initial services at no cost shows our dedication to helping you grow.
Billing Audits in Georgia
Improper billing practices can make your practice lose a lot of money. They also put you at the risk of getting audited substantially by the federal government and facing potential liabilities. At Fortis, we can provide billing audits to ensure your compliance plan abides by the latest federal regulations and make sure your billing department is using the right methods. That way, you can avoid issues that may bring damaging consequences.
The Most Common Medical Billing Issues We Strive to Defeat
- Poor organization when it comes to patient care and billing – Successful clinics and hospitals have one common aspect, they are well-organized. Our team here at Fortis is dedicated to helping you run your practice efficiently by improving how everything is organized. Better organization translates to enhanced billing and better patient care.
- Inadequately trained billing staff – Lack of enough training puts your practice at the risk of using inaccurate billing methods. Rather than risk potential liabilities, hire experienced professionals who know everything about medical billing and coding.
- Fraud issues – By hiring Fortis Medical Billing, our audits can detect fraud issues before they happen and protect your practice. This can safeguard you from legal issues that may emerge from fraudulent billings. Examples of fraudulent accusations are billing for uncovered services, unnecessary services, services not rendered, upcoding, unbundling, and many others.
- Not having updated policies and procedures – As we mentioned earlier, staying on the lookout for any regulatory and policy updates is critical to avoid problems. Our specialists evaluate to determine whether your policies are up to date, and if not, they adjust as necessary.
- Not taking advantage of various opportunities to boost revenue – Many practices are prone to letting revenue opportunities slip past them. They do not resubmit rejected claims, they miscode their claims and many other things. Our billing audits can help uncover opportunities you may have overlooked to increase your practice’s revenue.
No matter the size of your healthcare practice in Georgia, our billing audits can work to your advantage. They can help discover where you have been falling behind so that you can adjust and avoid issues that may cost you. Whether a federal audit is imminent and you want to fix before it happens, or you want to avoid the risks of getting audited in the future, our billing audits are as efficient and comprehensive as possible. You can rest assured your practice is in safe hands.
Georgia Revenue Cycle Management
When many clinics and hospitals submit their reimbursement claims, they see approvals of roughly 70%-90%. A higher approval rate translates to more revenue for your practice. If you want to increase your approvals, work with a professional billing company like us here at Fortis. We can implement effective approaches to raise the approval rate to as high as 95%. We have refined our strategies over the years and acquired the best technologies to ensure we manage your revenue cycle efficiently.
Let’s look at the steps we take to ensure everything works to your advantage. Here is our 5-step approach:
- We simplify how patients register – A patient’s registration process determines who well you can track his/her services and charges throughout the stay in your medical facility. We provide you with systems to get a person’s personal and billing information, whether on your website or at a kiosk in your facility.
- We integrate systems to verify insurance eligibility – We deploy systems that allow your practice to trigger automatic insurance eligibility verification. That way, you can be sure to avoid any unnecessary risks.
- We simplify the process of capturing charges – If some charges are not captured, you may lose a lot of money. We provide solutions to allow for the capturing of all charges and ensure they’re ready for immediate billing. Rest assured our professionals know the latest insurance requirements and the charges that need separate billing.
- We automate the process of posting any payments to patient accounts – Billing inconsistencies can be your hospital’s worst enemy. We provide solutions that allow for the automatic posting of payments to patient accounts to make sure everything stays up to date.
- Real-time and hands-off billing for your practice – These steps have led to the desired result – high-quality revenue management using the latest billing and coding technologies in the medical industry. You don’t need to burden yourself with all the complexities of billing and coding; you can let us handle them and save yourself crucial time as well as money.
Talk to Fortis Medical Billing Service to Understand How We Can Help in Georgia
If you’re looking for medical billing services in Georgia, want audits done, or are looking for revenue cycle management services, get in touch with us. We have a variety of billing and coding solutions for medical practices. Call us directly through (866) 808-4160 or contact us online.
Dr. Nick Oberheiden is a federal attorney with 20 years experience in healthcare compliance and defending healthcare providers.
Dr. Stephen Taylor has 25 years as a medical billing specialist and consultant in medical, chiropractic, nursing, and physical therapy.
Ms. Beverly Gibson has been a health care consultant for more than 25 years and specializes in medical record auditing, E/M training, and audit risk mitigation.