For individuals operating healthcare practices in Florida, handling their billing aspects while following the relevant laws and regulations is important. If the federal government suspects you of non-compliance, it may investigate you thoroughly. Non-compliance issues can also lead to denied reimbursements by private payers. At Fortis Medical Billing, we have specialists who can ensure your practice fulfills its billing obligations and stays out of trouble. Call (866) 808-4160 today to learn more about how we can help!
Put our highly experienced team on your side
Former Special Agent (OIG)
Former Special Agent
(FBI & IRS-CI)
Former Assistant Regional Inspector General
Former Supervisory Special Agent (DOD-OIG)
Director of Coding
Former Assistant Special Agent-in-Charge (HHS-OIG)
Former Special Agent-in-Charge (DEA)
Florida Medical Billing
If you want to run a profitable clinic or hospital without getting into legal trouble with federal authorities, compliance with the established billing and coding regulations is critical. However, one problem that many practices face is that billing and coding aspects are too broad, which means complying with all the laws and regulations can be an overwhelming task. Rather than risk getting investigated by the federal government or private payers and having your reimbursements denied, hire us here at Fortis Medical Billing to ensure you’re fully compliant. We can develop a comprehensive compliance plan that helps you resolve any issues promptly, avoid legal problems, reduce denials, decrease billing expenditure, and ensure reimbursements are completed quickly.
When you hire us at Fortis, you take advantage of an experienced medical billing team that is dedicated to helping healthcare practices grow. Our company was founded by Dr. Nick Oberheiden, a federal lawyer with many years of experience in this field. After seeing how unprofessional companies wasted various medical practices, he decided to establish a company that implements the right approaches in every aspect to help medical practices ensure they abide by their billing compliance obligations and prosper. Fortis also consists of other lawyers and consultants whose expertise is vital to ensure we’re effective and efficient. Do not hire a “cookie-cutter” billing company that promises more but delivers less; partner with us for unmatched comprehensiveness throughout the process.
We Personalize Compliance Programs and Perform Regular Updates
Various healthcare practices are not the same, and our team of billing specialists understands that. Each practice is different, with unique aspects in terms of operations and other factors. When formulating billing and coding solutions, we personalize each depending on the practice’s needs and requirements. We thoroughly evaluate every practice, determine its needs, and create solutions that we’re sure will satisfy those requirements. When you partner with us, our team also stays on the lookout for any emerging billing and coding regulatory updates and adjusts as necessary.
Our Florida Medical Billing Services
Fortis Medical Billing Company is not like other companies who take shortcuts to make their work easier; we handle each aspect comprehensively with the aim of broadening your horizon and expanding your potential. At Fortis, we can help you:
- Track your claims – With our claim tracking solutions, you can focus more on providing quality healthcare services without worrying whether your claims were paid out or denied. We’re also very keen to catch denials and resubmit them for higher approvals.
- Audit your billing department – These audits are vital to ensure the billing department is doing everything right and financials are on track.
- Implement various billing solutions – Whether you have an in-house billing team or want it done completely offsite, we have managed billing solutions to help you save money and allow you to grow quicker.
- Verify insurance eligibility – We provide you with systems to verify eligibility so that you can provide better healthcare services without being worried about denials.
- Manage your account receivables – We manage account receivables for our healthcare clients to ensure they get the funds they require to run efficiently.
- Comply with your unique medical billing and coding obligations even if you operate a specific specialty – We have experts in every medical field to cater to the needs of specialty-specific practices that may have unique requirements.
Partnering with Us Is Easy, and We Don’t Charge You Any Setup Fees
While there are other billing companies out there who may be looking for even the smallest chance to charge you, we’re not like them. We believe that if we provide the best medical billing services in Florida, our clients will be loyal, and their loyalty will ensure we remain profitable in the long-term. If you decide to partner with us, we don’t charge anything for your initial consultation or setup. These initial services come at zero cost to show our commitment and dedication to helping you succeed.
Billing Audits in Florida
If the federal authorities suspect your medical practice of inappropriate billing methods, they may audit and expose you to substantial legal trouble. You may also risk reimbursement denials by the government and private health insurance companies. Therefore, you should be serious when it comes to billing and coding to ensure you’re doing everything right. Our team of specialists can provide billing audits to determine if there are any inadequacies and develop solutions to ensure full compliance.
Let’s look at the most common issues healthcare providers face when it comes to medical billing.
- Lack of organization for both patient billing and patient care – This an issue that can lead to a practice’s stunted growth. At Fortis Medical Billing in Florida, we implement efficient billing practices and streamline patient experiences to help our clients make most out of their success.
- Fraudulent allegations – Medical practices are susceptible to various fraud claims: billing for services not rendered, unbundling, billing for unnecessary services, upcoding, etc. These can impact a practice negatively and present the risk of potential liabilities. Our team handles any issues that may bring fraud claims to ensure they don’t get you into trouble.
- Letting revenue opportunities pass – Healthcare practices have various opportunities to help them drive them revenue. However, some of them do not take full advantage of these opportunities, which means they lose out in some areas. They do not resubmit denials, do not bill for supplies or services accurately, and some miscode their claims. Our billing audit team keeps its eyes open for any inconsistencies to ensure our clients utilize all opportunities to get maximum revenue.
- Having inadequately trained staff to conduct medical billing – As we mentioned earlier, the field of billing and coding is extensive. If your staff does not have enough training, they may not fulfill your billing compliance obligations effectively.
- Having a billing compliance program that isn’t updated – Billing codes, laws, and regulations are updated by the relevant bodies from time to time. If your practice’s billing compliance program does not stay updated, you may get into trouble. Our team keeps its eyes open for any updates that may emerge and adjusts as necessary for continued compliance.
Whether you operate a small clinic in Florida or a large hospital, your medical practice can benefit from our billing audits. Our team can work its best to examine your billing methods, identify any inadequacies, detect any issues that may bring potential liabilities, and develop effective solutions. Healthcare billing and coding may be a bit complicated but with our team’s expertise, you can be assured of the right methods in each part of the process.
Florida Revenue Cycle Management
Even though most medical practices submit all their insurance claims, they only see approvals for 70%-90% of them. You can bring the approvals to as high as 95% by implementing effective approaches.
Some healthcare practices fail because they don’t manage their revenue cycles suitably. As they operate and the paperwork’s volume continues increasing, they lose track of their accounts receivables, denied reimbursements, and other aspects concerning the business aspect of healthcare. Hire us at Fortis Medical Billing to ensure everything stays on track no matter the busyness of your practice. With our cutting-edge technologies and refined methods, we can manage your revenue cycle to make sure it’s as effective as possible.
Our Revenue Cycle Management Process – 5 Key Steps
- A Simplified Patient Registration Process
Patient registration is the first step in any medical practice, and it defines the success of all other steps until the patient leaves the facility. At Fortis Medical Billing, we can make it easy for you to capture all the patient details, both personal and billing. Whether you want the registration to happen off-site on your website or a specific place in the workplace, we can be of great help.
- Verifying Insurance Eligibility
Ascertaining a patient’s insurance eligibility is critical to avoid losses that may come from denied reimbursements. Our specialists can establish systems to conduct insurance eligibility checks and determine whether your patients are appropriately covered. We can make the process automatic to ensure your staff does not need to do it manually.
- Helping Establish Systems to Capture Charges Easily
Different services in your medical practice may involve various charges. To ensure you don’t miss out on even one charge, we help our clients establish comprehensive systems to help them capture all charges. We also make sure these charges are ready for immediate billing.
- We Ease the Process of Posting Patient Payments Automatically to their Accounts
Billing inconsistencies can lead your practice to significant losses. Therefore, you should try your best to avoid them. We provide our clients with efficient solutions to ensure patient accounts are well-updated by posting payments to them automatically.
- Hands-Off and Real-Time Billing
These five steps are meant to streamline your revenue cycle management and help you take advantage of the latest billing and coding technologies to make your work easier. By letting us at Fortis Medical Billing handle the business aspects of your practice and technicalities, you can concentrate more on providing quality healthcare services to your patients. Our services save you both money and time!
Schedule Your Initial Medical Billing Consultation with Fortis Medical Billing Company in Florida Today!
If you operate a medical practice in Florida and want to ensure you’re fully compliant with your billing compliance obligations, get in touch with Fortis Medical Billing Service. If you’re also looking for solutions to streamline your practice’s processes, we have a wide of solutions to help you. Call us at (866) 808-4160 to learn more. You can also send us a message online and we’ll respond.