Medical practices in Chicago are prone to billing audits by federal authorities and private payers. Hire Fortis Medical Billing Company to ensure your billing methods comply with federal laws and private payer requirements. With a comprehensive medical billing compliance plan, your practice can avoid legal problems and maintain profits. Call (866) 808-4160 to learn more about how we can help you.
Chicago Medical Billing Services
Having a billing compliance program is crucial for people who operate healthcare practices in Chicago. With a well-defined and comprehensive plan, you can stay away from non-compliance issues that may cause legal trouble, dramatically reduce the percentage of denials, streamline your operations, minimize billing expenses, and ensure your reimbursements are paid out quickly. At Fortis Medical Billing, we’re here to handle your practice’s billing and coding. With our modernized practices and the latest technologies, you can stay ahead and avoid potentially-damaging problems.
When you hire us at Fortis, rest assured you’re working with experienced professionals. Our company’s founder, Dr. Nick Oberheiden, is an experienced federal attorney who has represented various specialists in the healthcare industry. We also have attorneys in our team, consultants who worked previously as FBI investigators, and many other experts. We want you to enjoy the best service, and that’s why we only work with the best in our medical billing and coding team. Call us directly (866) 808-4160 to learn more about our services.
We Customize Every Compliance Plan Based on Each Practice’s Needs
Your practice deserves nothing but the best medical billing service in Chicago, and our specialists strive to deliver just that. We’re not like other companies who take shortcuts by using generalized policies and procedures for different clinics and hospitals. Ours is a hands-on strategy to thoroughly evaluate what your practice needs and formulate high-quality solutions based on those needs. Personalization is an approach we have seen work effectively for various practices that we’ve worked with, and our specialists can make it work for you.
The federal government and insurance providers release policy and regulatory updates from time to time. If you’re not keen to adjust your billing compliance plan in line with these updates, you may find yourself in legal trouble. At Fortis Medical Billing Services, our professionals go through continuous training and keep an eye out for any changes to ensure your compliance plan is up to date.
Medical Billing Services We Can Offer You in Chicago
- Billing audits – If you feel like your billing department isn’t running as it should, you can hire us for billing audits and be certain. These audits are also beneficial for financial accountability.
- We track your claims – By partnering with us, our specialists can take all the hard work of claim tracking. We can keep an account of your paid claims and resubmit denied claims to increase approvals.
- We manage your account receivables – We comprehensively manage account receivables to ensure you don’t miss out on anything. That way, you can get the money you need to fund your practice’s future.
- We help with eligibility verification – Insurance ineligibility can lead to claim denials. We provide solutions to verify and ensure your patients are appropriately covered.
- Managed billing solutions – If your billing department needs support, our specialists can provide the necessary assistance. And if you want us to handle every aspect of billing and coding, we can also do it to save you time and money spent on in-house billing.
- Specialty-specific billing and coding – Does your practice involve a specific specialty? Fortis Medical Billing Company has experts who are extensively skilled to handle every need, no matter the specialty.
If you don’t see your desired service in this list, reach out to us. We’re available to discuss your needs and fulfill them effectively and efficiently.
Our Onboarding Process is Simple, Without Any Setup Charges
At Fortis, we make the process of partnering with us very simple. We don’t charge any fees when it comes to setting up. We also do not charge any fees for your initial consultation. Why? Because we want you to choose us based on our merit, not because of the fact that you paid for your initial consultation. And by making these initial services no-fee, we show our commitment and dedication to your practice’s growth. We believe that if we provide high-standard services to clients, their loyalty will ensure we remain profitable.
Fortis’ Billing Audits in Chicago
Medical billing and coding are matters that any practice should not take lightly. Utilizing an incorrect code, federal non-compliance, and other mistakes can lead to huge problems. You may be audited meticulously and face substantial penalties. Let us conduct billing audits in your practice and catch any potentially damaging issues before they transition into bigger problems.
Common Medical Billing Issues Among Various Practices
- Patient care and billing disorganization – Successful clinics and hospitals strive to ensure their operations are as streamlined as possible through better organization. Fortis brings modernized practices to ensure practices are well-organized for accurate billings and enhanced patient experiences.
- Fraudulent allegations – This is another issue that many practices face. They get accused of upcoding, unbundling, and other fraudulent claims that may negatively affect them. When you hire us for billing audits, we can uncover issues that may lead to fraudulent claims and solve them.
- Improperly trained medical billing staff – Sending your staff for medical coding training may not be enough to equip them with all the knowledge they need to implement proper billing methods. Changes emerge every day, and keeping up may be challenging. We have an experienced team that is dedicated to continuous training so that you don’t burden your staff with this work.
- Not handling revenue cycles effectively – Many practices lose out in various areas that they shouldn’t. Some do not bill for services accurately; others miscode their claims, etc. Our billing audits discover all your opportunities to drive revenue so that you can take advantage of them.
- Having policies and procedures that are non-compliant with the current laws and regulations – As we mentioned earlier, private payers and the federal government release updates regularly. You should adapt your billing compliance plan to these updates as they emerge. Since this work may be too much for you, we can handle it. We can determine what your compliance plan is missing and update it as necessary.
No matter the size of your healthcare practice, compliance is critical. Fortis Medical Billing was established by a federal lawyer who’s extensively experienced in the field of medical billing compliance, and this can be beneficial to ensure you’re fully compliant with your obligations. Regardless of the reason you need billing audits, we can employ the utmost comprehensiveness to detect even the smallest issues that may lead to potential liabilities.
Revenue Cycle Management in Chicago
Many practices only see approvals of around 70-90% of all the claims they submit. But with an effective approach, this percentage can be raised to 95%. The higher the approval rate, the more the revenues. If you feel you’ve not been effective when it comes to managing your revenue cycle, you can hire us to do it for better results. At Fortis, we believe that if you provide your patients with the best care, you deserve maximum compensation.
How We Help Improve Revenue Cycle Management
Effective revenue cycle management demands zooming into every aspect, and that’s what our specialists do. We utilize this 5-part approach:
- We start by simplifying how patients register – We provide you with the tools and system your practice needs to capture all the necessary patient details. We can make it easy by integrating a registration option on your website or establishing a place in your office where patients can register. Whichever you choose, we’re here to implement it.
- We establish systems to help you ensure patients are suitably covered – Our specialists link your billing department to data offered by various insurance companies for easy eligibility verification. They can make this process automatic to eliminate the need for manual verification.
- We simplify the process of capturing charges – At Fortis, we’re keen to ensure no single charge is overlooked. We make it easy to capture all charges associated with a particular patient and ready them for billing. That way, you can experience prompt payments.
- We establish systems that ensure payments are posted to patient accounts automatically – Inconsistencies in medical billing can cost you a lot. Our specialists ensure records stay up to date by ensuring payments are posted to accounts instantly and automatically.
- Finally, we’re able to provide you with better billing practices – All these steps have led to the ultimate goal: effective and efficient billing. You can enjoy the best billing and coding technologies in the medical industry, using the latest technologies. Don’t let the complexities of medical billing burden you and your staff, let us handle everything to save you money and time.
Ready to Partner With Fortis Medical Billing Services in Chicago? Contact Us Today
We have a broad variety of billing and coding solutions designed to help clinics and hospitals in Chicago. To understand how our billing specialists can help you, call us directly through (866) 808-4160. You can also schedule your initial consultation online now.
Dr. Nick Oberheiden is a federal attorney with 20 years experience in healthcare compliance and defending healthcare providers.
Dr. Stephen Taylor has 25 years as a medical billing specialist and consultant in medical, chiropractic, nursing, and physical therapy.
Ms. Beverly Gibson has been a health care consultant for more than 25 years and specializes in medical record auditing, E/M training, and audit risk mitigation.