The federal government is always auditing medical practices in Alabama to ensure they follow the right billing methods. Non-compliance can lead to potential liabilities that may affect your clinic or hospital negatively. Hire us at Fortis Medical Billing to ensure your billing methods comply with the current laws and regulations as stipulated by the government and private insurance companies. Call (866) 808-4160 to learn more about our services.
Medical Billing Services in Alabama
If you have a clinic, hospital, or any other medical practice, ensuring your billing and coding methods comply with private insurance regulations and federal laws is very important. However, the field of billing and coding is extensive; there are many laws and regulations to comply with, which can overwhelm different healthcare providers. At Fortis Medical Billing, we’re here to handle all this hard work for you. Our specialists can evaluate your specific practice, determine the relevant laws and regulations, and develop policies and procedures that ensure you’re fully compliant.
Fortis is a professional company dedicated to providing first-class medical billing solutions. We take pride in a robust foundation, having been established by an experienced federal attorney. Our team also includes in-lawyers, former FBI agents, and other specialists. This level of experience can be a great asset to your healthcare practice. When providing medical billing solutions, we ensure they are: Comprehensive, Compliant, and Correct. That is crucial to protect you from billing issues that may negatively impact your practice.
We Customize Each Compliance Plan and Perform Regular Updates
At Fortis Alabama Medical Billing Service, our professionals understand that various clinics and hospitals are different in a lot of ways. That’s why they are keen on customizing each billing compliance program to ensure it suits the specific needs of a particular practice. They conduct in-depth assessments to determine what your clinic or hospital needs, and create solutions in line with those needs. Customization is by far more effective than using generalized procedures and policies, and effectiveness being one of our priorities, rest assured we won’t use a “one size fits all” strategy.
Apart from creating a personalized billing compliance program, our specialists also keep their eyes open for any policy and regulatory updates and adjust your plan accordingly. Performing regular updates is critical to avoid problems with private payers and federal authorities.
Which Medical Billing Services Can We Offer You in Alabama?
- Claim Tracking – If you provide the best medical services, then you deserve to be reimbursed maximumly. At Fortis, we track to keep a record of your paid and rejected reimbursement claims. We enhance the approval rate by resubmitting any denied claims.
- Billing Audits – If you want to account for your billing department’s financial operations and methods, we provide comprehensive billing audits.
- Eligibility Verification – We help our clients verify that their patients have the necessary insurance coverage – a vital step to avoid claim denials.
- Accounts Receivable Management – For your practice to run efficiently, you need finances to fund your operations. We manage account receivables to ensure you get your much-need finances.
- Managed Billing Solutions – Our specialists deliver on-site billing assistance and off-site billing solutions to suit your needs and save you time and money.
- Specialty-Specific Billing and Coding Solutions – The healthcare sector may be broad, but rest assured we have specialists in every practice field to cater to the needs of everyone.
Partnering With Us is Straightforward, With No Setup Fees
Fortis is an exceptional company in Alabama’s medical billing and coding industry. We focus on results, unlike other firms that look for every possible opportunity to take advantage of you. We believe that high-standard solutions will encourage loyalty, which will then ensure our company stays profitable in the long-term. Our quality of service has also led to a high number of recommendations from our satisfied clients. We don’t have any charges when it comes to the initial consultation, and the setup process is also no-fee. An investment such as this into you and your practice shows how we’re exceptionally committed to helping you succeed.
Alabama Billing Audits
Healthcare billing and coding is something you should handle seriously in your practice. If you’re suspected of non-compliance and audited by the federal government, you may face potentially severe consequences. You can also lose a lot of money because of a high number of denied claims. If you feel like medical billing and coding is too overwhelming for you, hire us at Fortis in Alabama to handle it for you. We provide billing audits to detect potential issues and solve them before they cause significant problems.
Common Issues that Our Billing Specialists Discover
- Lack of organization for patient care and billing – Our specialists here at Fortis can improve the organization in your clinic or hospital for better billing and enhanced patient care.
- Fraud allegations – If you’re not careful, your billing practices may land you into fraud claims such as upcoding and unbundling. Our billing audits are beneficial to detect potentially fraudulent issues before they even happen to help you avoid problems.
- Poorly-trained billing staff – If you allow your inadequately trained personnel to handle your practice’s billing, you risk substantial liabilities because of the use of incorrect methods. An experienced and well-trained billing team like the one we have here at Fortis is the best choice.
- Allowing revenue-driving opportunities to slip by – The healthcare industry has various opportunities to increase revenue. However, some practices do not focus on them. If you partner with us, we’re keen to catch any of these revenue-driving opportunities so that you can take full advantage.
- Having billing compliance plans that are not updated – The government and private payers like to change up billing regulations and laws. If your billing compliance plan is not aligned with the latest regulations and laws, you may get into legal trouble. Our specialists can pinpoint where your practice is falling behind for full compliance.
If you run a medical practice in Alabama, billing audits can prove to be very beneficial. They can help discover why you always have many claim denials, expose inaccurate billing methods, uncover issues that may cause legal problems, and many others. Therefore, if you want to make sure your practice is running right, hire us at Fortis to conduct in-depth and comprehensive audits.
Alabama Revenue Cycle Management
When running a healthcare practice, you may want to ensure it’s as profitable as possible by having most of your reimbursement claims paid. However, many practices only experience 70% – 90% claim approvals. You can raise this approval rate to 95% by utilizing effective strategies in managing your revenue cycle.
One reason for many practices’ failure is improper revenue cycle management. As the paperwork piles up, that work becomes too overwhelming for them. Our specialists can take this hard work off your shoulders so that you can concentrate on providing quality healthcare to your patients. We have refined processes as well as the latest technologies to manage your revenue cycle effectively.
Our 5-Part Approach to Revenue Cycle Management
- A streamlined patient registration process – How your practice handles the patient registration process is very important. Since it’s the first step when individuals visit your facility, you may want to get it right. We at Fortis can provide the tools you need to collect all the relevant information about a patient. We can help whether you want to do it at a kiosk in your workplace or on your website.
- Insurance eligibility verification – To reduce the chances of denials, we provide you with systems to establish insurance eligibility. Our experts can also eliminate the need for manual checking by automating the process.
- We streamline the process of capturing patient charges – If you overlook some charges, then you may lose out on some revenue. Fortis can help ensure the process of capturing charges is as thorough as possible to ensure no charge goes unrecorded. We’re also keen to bill these charges immediately to encourage prompt payments.
- We ensure payments are posted to patient accounts automatically – Your practice may lose a lot of money because of billing inconsistencies. At Fortis, our billing specialists can ensure that it doesn’t happen. We can provide solutions to ensure payments are posted to patient accounts automatically. Doing that ensures records stay updated, and there are no discrepancies.
- Enhanced billing and coding for medical practice – These steps have led to the ultimate goal: improved billing and coding. You don’t have to burden yourself or your staff with the work of managing your revenue cycle. With our refined methods and the latest technologies, we can effectively conduct the process to help you take advantage of maximum benefits.
Contact Alabama’s Fortis Medical Billing to Schedule Your Free Initial Consultation
Legal issues from inaccurate billing methods are preventable. Losses and claim denials are avoidable; you just need the right team to guide you throughout medical billing and coding processes. We at Fortis Medical Billing Company can be that team in Alabama. Contact us to learn more about our services. Call (866) 808-4160 to talk to us directly or schedule your initial consultation online now.
Dr. Nick Oberheiden is a federal attorney with 20 years experience in healthcare compliance and defending healthcare providers.
Dr. Stephen Taylor has 25 years as a medical billing specialist and consultant in medical, chiropractic, nursing, and physical therapy.
Ms. Beverly Gibson has been a health care consultant for more than 25 years and specializes in medical record auditing, E/M training, and audit risk mitigation.