Why Do Most Billing & Compliance Companies Look the Same?
Look around, and you will find that most billing companies provide the same services, from pre-authorization to collections, from revenue cycle management to revenue improvement, and they all make the same promises and predictions.
Fortis is different. The idea behind Fortis Medical Billing is to connect the two essential elements for healthcare businesses: revenue improvement and compliance assurance. At Fortis, we combine the auditing and investigative experience of former FBI and OIG agents with CMS certified coders and billing experts.
The Fortis team offers our customers over 100 years of combined frontline experience with healthcare audits, civil and criminal healthcare fraud investigations, and Justice Department billing fraud prosecutions. Former highly decorated Special Agents and CMS auditors know what insurance companies and government agencies are looking for, how to stay un-flagged, and, most importantly, how to stay out of the news. Our providers take good care of their patients and we take care of the rest.
- Are you billing for what you could and should?
- Does your documentation match what you are submitting for payment?
- How do you address medical necessity?
- Are you satisfied with what you submit?
- When was the last time you conducted a voluntary self-audit?
- Chris Quick
Former Special Agent (FBI & IRS-CI)
- James Hunt
Special Agent-in-Charge (Ret.) DEA New York
- Kevin Smith
Assistant Regional Inspector General (Ret.) (HHS-OIG)
- Michael Koslow
Former Supervisory Special Agent (DOD-OIG)
- Nick Oberheiden
Founder & Healthcare Compliance Attorney
- Roger Bach
Former Special Agent (OIG)
- Stephen Taylor
- Wade McFaul
Former Assistant Special Agent-in-Charge (HHS-OIG)
Put our highly experienced team on your side
We Serve Clients throughout the US
Fortis Medical Billing proudly serves medical providers, dental providers, hospitals, ASCs, mental health providers, healthcare practice groups and healthcare businesses throughout the continental United States.
No matter where you are, we can help.
How Does this Work?
The process to become our client is simple. While we do take cases based on referrals, most clients contact us in the following way and subject to the following protocol:
- Call us. Nothing is easier than getting in touch with us. We will make sure that at least one senior team member is part of the initial call.
- We will send you a proposal for your review.
- If our proposal meets your expectation and you decide to become a client, we conduct an initial assessment.
- The initial assessment, typically completed within one to two days, is done by a certified coder, a former federal agent, and/or an experienced manager.
- We discuss our findings and make recommendations as to documentation, completeness of notes, major codes applied, and other pertinent billing compliance issues, and then merge your billing needs with our compliance standards and recommendations.