The Story Behind Fortis
Look around, and you will find that most billing companies are—at the end of the day— the same. They all provide the same services, from preauthorization to collections, from revenue cycle management to revenue improvement—and they all make the same promises and predictions.
Fortis is different. The idea behind Fortis Medical Billing is to connect the two essential elements for healthcare businesses: revenue improvement and compliance assurance. At Fortis, we combine the auditing and investigative experience of FBI and OIG agents with CMS certified coders and billing experts.
The Fortis team offers our customers more than 100 years of frontline experience when it comes to healthcare audits, civil and criminal healthcare fraud investigations, and Justice Department billing fraud prosecutions. Former highly decorated Special Agents and CMS auditors know what insurance companies and government agencies are looking for, how to stay unflagged, and, most importantly, how to stay out of the newspaper. Our providers take good care of their patients and we take care of the rest.
- Are you billing for what you could and should bill for?
- Does your documentation match what you are submitting for payment?
- How do you address medical necessity?
- Are you satisfied with what you submit?
- When was the last time you conducted a voluntary self-audit?
We Serve the United States
Fortis Medical Billing proudly serves medical providers, dental providers, hospitals, ASCs, mental health providers, and healthcare practice groups and healthcare businesses throughout the continental United States. Many of our clients are located in the following states and regions:
- Fortis Medical Billing Company California
- Fortis Medical Billing Company Las Vegas
- Fortis Medical Billing Company Florida
- Fortis Medical Billing Company Texas
No matter where you are, we can help.
How Does this Work?
The process to become our client is simple. While we do take cases based on referrals, most clients contact us in the following way and subject to the following protocol:
- Call us. Nothing is easier than getting in touch with us. We will make sure that at least one senior team member is part of the initial call. When where this not possible, we will reach out to you as soon as the same day.
- We will send you a proposal for your review.
- If our proposal meets your expectation and you decide to become a client, we conduct an initial assessment.
- The initial assessment, typically completed within one to two days, is done by a certified coder, a former federal agent, and/or an experienced manager.
- We discuss our findings and may make recommendations as to documentation, completeness of notes, major codes applied, and other pertinent billing compliance aspect—and then merge your billing needs with our compliance standards and recommendations.